Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Las Cruces? Generally, you have three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Even though your security installer can suggest where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Defend Your Main Entrance
Even though you might find it unlikely that a criminal would make an effort to simply enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions occur at this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other threats to think about. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you have the ability to chat with all guests who walk up and ring the bell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. When a person begins doing something questionable, you can have your video surveillance automatically capture footage and send it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging undertaking. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is well protected.
- The corners of your Las Cruces home allow for an impressive field-of-view, letting you see two segments of your exterior.
- Right under an overhanging eave or into a length of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by your home.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing entryway for burglars than you’d think!
- Above a back porch or rear door -- or any doorway not visible from the street.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any brush and branches that could obscure your view.
Recommendations To Get The Most From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Las Cruces. That same versatility results in there being more factors to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight that enters via a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Point your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a surveillance device installed in a high place will provide a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to defend your property if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in a spot where little ones and house pets aren’t able to interact with them. Consider mounting or other ways of attaching them to ensure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top security camera won’t do much good if you have a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Dial (575) 224-2547 or submit the form below to start your project.