Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of additions all built to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Las Cruces.
How To Set Up Your Las Cruces Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing your devices in the proper places around your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in common areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, front and patio, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your family ought to be a chief regard before mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the beginning in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Las Cruces. The innovations shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone whenever abnormal movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start recording when movements are detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Configure your home security cameras to record and store clips for easy viewing later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone via the camera. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Las Cruces is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (575) 224-2547 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.