Modern smart security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still forget to complete simple security duties like activating your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Las Cruces, you can simply leave the driveway and let your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Las Cruces For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your house, which you can customize within your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to interact with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto a single network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and program particular actions as you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, when you exit your driveway, you may program your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Las Cruces. With the security app, you can make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to turn down to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make specific components activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the exhaust fan when the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your security camera senses strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Las Cruces
Whether you seek added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (575) 224-2547 or submit the following form to start designing your perfect security system.